Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Am in Dobovich, Bulgaria, not without some travail. This city, a large one, was not even on my AAA map, it was listed by the old name of Tolbukin. So I just bought a map of Bulgaria, all in Cyrillic, which , as it happens, I can read. I took 2 years of Russian in high school, and now it will pay off in spades, of that I am certain.This is the optomist in me speaking. The pessimist? Let me tell you my new definition of demoralizing. First day out of Bucharest ( where I lost my camera) I bike all day directly east. Headwind. Second day, head east again all day. Headwind. Third day, finally I get to go south all day into Bulgaria. STRONG headwind. Now that's depressing. Luckily have not run out of drugs yet. But I am a photographer without a camera, what next, my bike will disappear and I'll be a bicyclist without a bike?

No comments:

Post a Comment