Friday, November 13, 2009

Ever bike? Now that's something that makes life worth living!
I take exercise every afternoon that way. Oh, to just grip
your handlebars and lay down to it, and go ripping and tearing
through streets and road, over railroad tracks and bridges, threading crowds,
avoiding collisions, at twenty miles or more an hour, and wondering all the time when you're
going to smash up. Well now, that's something! And then go home again after three hours of it,
into the tub, rub down well, then into a soft shirt and down to the dinner table with the evening paper
and a glass of wine  in prospect - and then to think that tomorrow I can do it all over again! "
                             
                                                                                               -Jack London

8 comments:

  1. Jack London? Good quote.
    Sucks about your camera.

    -Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ben, Can I send you a camera? I hate the idea of following your blog without seeing any of your awesome photos.

    Matt Matsuoka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Captain Ailes,

    Bummer about your camera... Well, you're a resousceful young laddie. You'll scrounge one up somehow. How did you lose it? Was it stolen by Gypsies? Watch out for them. They're gnarly little fuckers.

    Happy Thanksgiving in the Balkans!

    Drew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Matt, thanks for the offer but my son mailed me my old digital camera. I,m not sure how these posts work so I'll also email you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cap,n Drew- may necver know how my camera dısappeared but got my old one now. Unfortunately it is starting to become rainy weather while I am chugging along 3 days out of Istanbul heading west. Having to push the bike up very steep hills as it is so slippery and muddy & starting to think this is becoming ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ben, so I'm curious how did you get to Istanbul? Were you able to bike all the way? And how do you get from Turkey to Isreal? I can't imagine you can bike through Syria, right?

    Contratulations on making it to Istanbul!

    Best,

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ben, I'm looking for your village on the Mediterranean in Google Earth. Is it 'Isekenderun, Konacik, Turkey' which is near Syria? Or is it 'Bodrum,Konacik,Turkey' which is on the Aegean Sea? - Greg

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the best Christmas Greeting ever!

    -Greg

    ReplyDelete