Monday, October 19, 2009

   Now in Budapest, Hungary, after Bratislava in Slovenia, at a hostel where I just took the best shower of my life.Yes, my last one was Sep.15 in NYC, it is wild bicycle camping I am doing. I have been using the Handi-Wipes method though. And tonight will be my first night indoors since then, it has been getting quite chilly in the mornings and today I saw the sun for the first time in 6 days- weather has been gloomy and wet.
   Cannot download pictures yet. Five days ago, or was it six, I had a hectic afternoon in Wien (Vienna) trying to save the pictures which I just posted today, for your viewing pleasure. I screwed up the memory at an internet cafe. After 5 attempts into camera stores in this, my mother's beautiful city, where my trailer wheel had also just FALLEN OFF, I found a sympathetic fellow who spent 2 hours at the computer and recovered my images, praise be to JAH. The shop was right across from Steffansdom, loaded with hundreds of tourists when I went in. A few days before in Passau I was in the baroque Dom there with just 2 cleaning ladies and a man giving me the hairy eyeball so I would not take pictures, after all it is a church not a museum, as the sign said. I saw the worlds largest organ, and maybe you will too when I post my surreptitious camera work.

No comments:

Post a Comment